Determination / explanation related to the NATRUE standard version 3.9, valid from 1.1.2021 that specific INCI and therefore the raw materials need to processed minimum from RSPO MB palm oil:
- Raw materials that are approved or certified that contain INCI that need to be processed on the bases of RSPO MB palm oil but are not, shall be compliant until the approval / certification expires. They need to comply with the RSPO MB minimum requirements at the latest for re-approval / re-certification.
- Certified products, that contain raw materials with INCI which are not processed from minimum RSPO MB palm oil are compliant during their certification validity. The RSPO requirements need to be followed for re-certification at the latest.
2021-07-07: As decided by NaTRUE, the new transition period will be the following:
- All raw materials presently used in NATRUE certified finished products will have a transitional period until February 2023 to be either certified or approved.
- Producers of finished products will have a transitional period until February 2024 to re- formulate their products using exclusively NATRUE approved or NATRUE certified raw materials.
- Finished product formulations entering the certification scheme from February 2024 must include exclusively NATRUE certified or approved raw materials.